When looking for a practitioner or ethical trader look out for Indie Shaman Ethical Certification!
The Indie Shaman Certicates for Ethical Practitioners and in Ethical Trading are available to members only.
In order to be awarded ethical certification member practitioners must agree with our aims and ethics as well as provide evidence they comply with with the following:
- To use their skills in the betterment of the individual, the community and the land.
- To be honest, open minded, non judgmental and treat all clients and/or customers with equal respect.
- To strive to source and use goods that are produced without the exploitation of other people, animals or the land.
- To only charge an appropriate fee and to discuss this fee with the client or customer in advance of any work being undertaken.
- To maintain client confidentiality, unless this is overruled by a child protection issue or vulnerable adult protection issue, in which case to report all suspected such cases to the relevant authority.
- To not knowingly work with an individual under the age of 18 years without the prior permission of their parent or legal guardian.
- To not knowingly work with an individual without their informed consent.
- To refer any client to a qualified health professional when appropriate.
Please note that Indie Shaman ethical certification is NOT a practice qualification in shamanism. It is a certification from Indie Shaman that the person concerned has demonstrated they operate in an ethical manner which includes verifiying their ability to practice (including qualifications and certification where appropriate) and charge an appropriate fee in addition to complying with the above criteria.
Other practitioners and traders are also welcome to apply for ethical certification in their own practice/trade.
To apply for certification please contact us. We will undertake a review of your practices and website (if appropriate) and advise you on certification. You do not need to have taken the Indie Shaman course to be certificated as a practitioner but you will need to demonstrate that your ability has been verified by an appropriate organisation or person.
Looking For an Ethical Practitioner?
If you are interested in visiting a shamanic practitioner, interested in shamanic healing or attending a training course in shamanism please visit our Shamanic Practitioners List. Indie Shaman also run an online shamanic skills course.
If You are a Customer and Wish to Make a Complaint
If you have a complaint or concern about any website that has been certificated by Indie Shaman please contact us. We will contact the practitioner/trader and do our best to help you resolve your complaint. Please also note the disclaimer on this page.
In the event of our reaching a decision that a certificated practitioner has acted unethically we reserve the right to remove their certification.
Indie Shaman may take all reasonable steps to confirm the compliance of the criteria stated on this page but takes no liability, legal or otherwise, for any individual or organisation in receipt of Indie Shaman Ethical Certification.
Subscription to Indie Shaman magazine and or membership of the Indie Shaman community does not guarantee an Ethical Practitioner Certificate will be granted, which is dependant on the criteria stated on this page being met. Re-issue may be dependent on further checks being made.