Many of our magazine contributors are established authors and experts in their own field known both nationally and internationally, others may be just starting out; all have something to say we think will be of interest to our readers.
A full list of contributors is listed further down the page together with, where possible, their websites so you can find more information about the work of anyone you are interested in.
Indie Shaman magazine welcomes submissions on the subject of Shamanism, Spirituality, Spiritual Practices, Ethical Living and related issues. Our magazine is based on a general rather than academic readership.
Information on Submissions
- Original submissions by the author/artist only please.
- We have no set minimum or maximum length for submissions but do not usually accept articles with a word count of greater than 2,950 words (approx 4 pages with one image). Approximate guidance for article submission word count would be between 1,000 and 2,950 words.
- Submissions do not have to be technically perfect. We are happy to help you in producing a finished article.
- We prefer to have articles sent via email. Please send as a Microsoft word document. You may also send work by post.
- Please send art work and photos as a jpeg. Jpegs must be of sufficient quality to be reproducible in the magazine with a minimum 300 dpi. If you have any questions about how to send or size a jpeg please contact us via email and we will try to help.
- Please do not send us original work by post as we cannot promise to return it.
- We may edit your article and will aim to approve this with you first before publishing.
- We are sorry but we are unable to pay for submissions. We will however send you a free copy of the edition of the magazine your article features in.
- Reviewers can retain anonymity but your name must be given to Indie Shaman when submitting the review. Reviews can be on events, places of interest, books, films etc. You may submit reviews on your own events, books etc but please be honest in stating that this is the case. Sorry, we do not accept self reviews from unpublished authors.
- We reserve the right to decline submissions for publication. The editor’s decision is final on both accepting submissions and which edition any accepted submission appears in.
Guidelines to our Submission Deadlines
You can submit an article to us at any time. However, If you are aiming to submit an article for a particular issue here are our submission deadlines.
|Magazine Edition||Distributed||Submission Deadline|
|January||end of Jan||1 November|
|April||end of April||1 February|
|July||end of July||1 May|
|October||end of Oct||1 August|
With many thanks to all those who have contributed to Indie Shaman Magazine (in alphabetical order by first name)
Ailim, Alexander & Luba Arbachakov, Alice Brooksbank, Alberto Villoldo Alex Seymour Alison Dhuanna Alya Blackwood, Alysa Braceau, Amber Agha, Ann Fallas, Anthony Farrell, King Arthur Pendragon, Arvick Baghramian
Carl Greer, Caro Smart, Carole Guyett, Carolyn Hillyer, Cassandra Latham-Jones, Cat Hawkins, Cathy Leigh-Tsoukalas, Cephalodidge, Chris Roe, Ceri Norman, Charles Osburn, Charlotte Shirvington, Charly Flower, Christa MacKinnon, Chris Philpott
Jan Gale, Jayne Johnson, Jason Smalley, Jean Millay, Jessica Rzeszewski, Jez Hughes, Jim Pathfinder Ewing, Joanna Flowering Whirlwind, John Dunne, John Irwin, John Lockley, John Ptacek, John Tarrow, Judith Stafford, Julie Dollman, Julie Hoyle
Sandra Corcoran, Sandra Ingerman, Samantha Sear, Scott Anderson, Sergio Magaña, Sidian Morning Star Jones, Stacey Couch, Stanley Krippner Ph.D., Stephanie Bown, Steven Altman, Steve Hubback, Susan Marie Paramor
Virlana Tkacz, Vicki Lickorish
Not forgetting Minuteman Press Bristol! We couldn’t have done it without you! With many congratulations on winning the Fairtrade South West Business Award in 2017.