Many of our magazine contributors are established authors and experts in their own field known both nationally and internationally, others may be just starting out; all have something to say we think will be of interest to our readers.
A full list of contributors is listed further down the page together with, where possible, their websites so you can find more information about the work of anyone you are interested in.
Indie Shaman magazine welcomes submissions on the subject of Shamanism, Spirituality, Spiritual Practices, Ecological and Ethical Living and related issues. Our magazine is based on a general rather than academic readership.
Information on Submissions
- Original submissions by the author/artist only please.
- We have no set minimum or maximum length for submissions but do not usually accept articles with a word count of greater than 2,950 words (approx 4 pages with one image). Approximate guidance for article submission word count would be between 1,000 and 2,950 words.
- Submissions do not have to be technically perfect. We are happy to help you in producing a finished article.
- We prefer to have articles sent via email. Please send as a Microsoft word document. You may also send work by post.
- Please send art work and photos as a jpeg. Jpegs must be of sufficient quality to be reproducible in the magazine with a minimum 300 dpi. If you have any questions about how to send or size a jpeg please contact us via email and we will try to help.
- Please do not send us original work by post as we cannot promise to return it.
- We may edit your article and will aim to approve this with you first before publishing.
- We are sorry but we are unable to pay for submissions. We will however send you a free copy of the edition of the magazine your article features in.
- We reserve the right to decline submissions for publication. The editor’s decision is final on both accepting submissions and which edition any accepted submission appears in.
Please Contact the Editor if you would like more information on submissions.
With many thanks to all those who have contributed to Indie Shaman Magazine (in alphabetical order by first name)
Ailim, Alexander & Luba Arbachakov, Alice Brooksbank, Alberto Villoldo, Alex Seymour,Alison Dhuanna,
Alya Blackwood, Alysa Braceau, Amber Agha, Andrew McGeeney, Ann Fallas, Antonio N. Zavaleta Ph.D, Anthony Farrell, King Arthur Pendragon, Arvick Baghramian
Carl Greer, Caro Smart, Carole Guyett, Carolyn Hillyer, Cassandra Latham-Jones, Cat Hawkins, Cathy Leigh-Tsoukalas, Cephalodidge, Chrissie Blaze, Chris Roe, Ceri Norman, Charles Osburn, Charlotte Shirvington, Charly Flower, Christa MacKinnon, Chris Philpott
James Endredy, Jan Gale, Jayne Johnson, Jason Smalley, Jean Millay, Jessica Rzeszewski, Jez Hughes, Jim Pathfinder Ewing, Joanna Flowering Whirlwind, Joe Caudwell, John Dunne, John Irwin, John Lockley, John Ptacek, John Tarrow, Judith Stafford, Julie Dollman, Julie Hoyle
Maggie Wahls, Mandy Pullen, Maria Fotiou, Mark Flaherty, Mark Olly, Martin Pallot, Martyn Kington, Matt Arnold, Michael Dunning, Michelle Fontaine, Mike Stygal, Mike Chappell, Mike Williams, Mimi Buttacavoli, Mitchell A. Kaplan, Ph.D.
Pam Montgomery, Patrick Jasper Lee, Patrick Macmanaway, Patricia M Burgin, Paul Baskerville, Paul Francis, Pauline Marshall, Phil Cowley Jones, Philip Carr-Gomm, Phil and Vivien Larcher, Phyllis Clay.
Sandra Corcoran, Sandra Ingerman, Samantha Sear, Sarah L Kent, Scott Anderson, Sergio Magaña, Sharyn Turner, Sidian Morning Star Jones, Sol Luckman, Stacey Couch, Stanley Krippner Ph.D., Stephanie Bown, Steven Altman, Steve Hubback, Sue Latchford, Susan Marie Paramor
Virlana Tkacz, Vicki Lickorish
Not forgetting Minuteman Press Bristol! We couldn’t have done it without you! With many congratulations on winning the Fairtrade South West Business Award in 2017.